Monday, December 19, 2011

Personalized Letter From A Disney Princess

So I decided to write a letter to Tiana of The Princess and the Frog...because I saw it on Pinterest.

"Write a Letter to Your Favorite Disney Character and Get an Autographed Picture in Return"-This pin originally came from Couponing to Disney.

(This post originally began in Novemeber.)

Miss Precocious is obsessed with The Princess and the Frog!  Obsessed!


Except it sounds more like "The Friendses and Frog" when she is demanding to watch it.  And I will surely miss it when it comes out sounding right...

Anyway, I saw this pin that says you will receive an autographed picture of your favorite Disney character if you send them a letter to this address:

Walt Disney World Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Or, if you'd prefer, you can receive a black and white photo if you write to your chosen character at this address:

Walt Disney Company
Attn: Fan Mail Department
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

The black and white photos take longer to receive and if I'm being honest, patience is not really on my list of virtues.  So our letter is definitely going to Florida.

I used one of the homemade envelopes from an earlier postLOVE these!  And they are totally fit for a princess.


 
Our letter was simple: 
 
"Dear Princess Tiana, 
I love you and I can't wait until I am big enough to come visit you.  Until then, could you please send a picture?
Love,
Miss P"

And because most of you don't know me and you can't actually picture me doing this, I will tell you that I literally ran alongside the mailman's truck trying to give him this letter.  And it was hysterical (not for me, but for anyone who might have been peeking out their window).

I had just missed getting it in our box but he was still on my street.  Yet somehow he didn't see me running along side him.  Or my fat dog. Or my hysterically laughing toddler.  Imagine that!  (Told you he hates me!)

Since he 'didn't see me' and the letter didn't get mailed today (Thursday) it will go out on Saturday because tomorrow is Veteran's day and the mail won't run.  Now I'm getting annoyed that he didn't see me because that letter is going to sit in our mailbox for two days...  OK so mailed on the 12th of November.  And...

Did we receive a response from Tiana?

Yes!  Today is 12/19 so just about 5 weeks later we received a lovely postcard.


Signed by ALL of the Disney Princesses!  Miss P was beside herself with joy when we got the mail today!  (It's the little things.)


What a fun way to surprise your little one!   And it will only cost you $0.45.  Can't beat that!

Thanks Pinterest!

24 comments:

  1. did you mail a self addressed stamped envelope? Or did you just mail it off?

    Thanks!
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anything show that Princess Tiana wrote you back, or was it cinderella,

    Because I am trying to get one for my daughter... and i want specifically Tiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this also work if I live in other Country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea dose it work with other princess? or just cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know about this one, but I know that in

    http://www.magicmails.biz

    You can order personalized letters for your child from many characters like Cinderella, Snow White, Peter Pan, a Pirate, Santa Claus, Little Mermaid... and they also send you a photo of your child with the character.

    That's for $1, which is not much higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The $1 one is just a PDF, to get it sent to your mailbox it is $6 :/. Being a mother of 2 small children, I am good with $.46 for them to feel special getting real mail! Thanks for the post!

      Delete
    2. What I did was printing the PDF and put them myself in my mailbox (I am father of three!). Also, for them was very special to see their photos.

      Anyway, there are even cheaper (but not that nice) alternatives. In this url there is someone who send you free personalized letters (just the cost of delivery):

      http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2233685

      Delete
  6. I saw this and had to look into it. My children would LOVE this! I also found another Disney site that sends personalized post cards. You tell them what you want the card to say and is signed by the character that you choose. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed by their selection of postcards but I still think that this is a WONDERFUL gift to a child and this Disney is doing a great thing. http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/disney-character-autographs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might add that this postcards costs $19.95. It might be worth it for some parents.

      Delete
    2. It sounds good. However, I still think the quality of the pictures and letter from www.magicmails.biz is better, and the price is definitely more interesting.

      Delete
  7. Hi I'm Madalyn and I'm a teacher. I had all my students write a letter to their favorite disney character, and I mailed them all. But, one of my students was wondering if you send a letter to all the characters in one letter and just put like (dear everyone at Disney) could you get a autographed photo of everyone back??? If you can please reply!!!
    Thanks a lot,
    Madalyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madalyn! We wrote specifically to Tiana but received one single postcard from all the princesses. I'm not sure if they are still doing the single photographs anymore. Let me know what you get!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my "Kids Korner Daycare" kids wrote individual requests to each of their favorite characters and then we sent them all in one envelope. We have received nothing back but the link that I saw said nothing about sending return postage or anything along those lines . The kids ask almost every day where their photos of their fave Disney friends are but we haven't received anything. So disappointed. Celyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would really like for my child to do this, I think it would be good right now the class just found out their teacher has cancer and wont be returning to school. I have asked and haven't heard on how much it cost to do so; do you send money with their letter if so how much do you send? Any information would be very appreciated.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. We sent our letters out around January/February and just got our responses back. They sent them all together in a large manila envelope. However, they all received generic postcards of Mickey and Friends and one sort of personalized letter from "Mickey". Not sure how to explain this one to the kids. Maybe if we had sent them individually rather than as a bundle it might have been different?

    Any thoughts on how to explain this to 2nd Graders? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. ariel do you remember me tiffany your twin sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I would just like to say that I am not sure how anyone received a response because my daughter wrote a letter to Ariel and I mailed it out to the address given just before Christmas and to this day we have STILL yet to receive anything in return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Florida address sends 8x10 b&w photos with customized message. I have my oldest's from Cinderella framed on her wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this post is old but I was just wondering, is the black and white pic just of Cinderella? Or a group? Curious. Thank u!

      Delete
  15. The Disney Princess and Me set has created stunningly delightful dolls that just about any tiny princess, ages 6 or over, would certainly love to own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you know if they are still responding? I would like my second graders to do this, but I do not want them to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you can experience the one-of-a-kind thrill of seeing your son or daughter get a letter direct from Santa Claus letters to children.

    ReplyDelete