Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake!

So I decided to make a Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake...and put it on Pinterest.


I made this cake over Thanksgiving and I wanted to share the recipe with everyone because it is truly de-licious!!  

I mean...the word 'chocolate' appears in the name twice so you know it has to be good!

So here you go:

1-box yellow cake mix
2-small boxes chocolate Jello instant pudding (3.5oz)
4-eggs
1/2-cup oil
8-oz sour cream
1-cup water
as many chocolate chips as you want!

All you do is add the pudding mix to the cake mix and whisk together (now y'all know I am lazy and I did not do that step). Then add the eggs, oil, water, & sour cream and blend with a mixer for about a minute.  Now, it is really thick.  That's because of all the yummy goodness.  Just be strong and tell your mixer to power through. 

When it's all blended, add your chocolate chips (I use half a bag of Nestle milk chocolate) and stir in with a spoon.  


Now, Ina would tell me to roll my chocolate chips in flour first so that they don't sink to the bottom of the cake.  And I would tell her that she needs to stop popping her collar.  Who does she think she is? A thirteen year old boy?

No worries.  This cake batter is so thick, the chocolate chips couldn't sink if they tried!

I usually make this cake in a Bundt pan, but I wanted to do something different for Thanksgiving.  I made it in two 8" round pans instead.  If you use a Bundt pan, bake for about an hour at 325.  If you use layering pans, bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  You'll know they're done when you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.  And don't forget to grease the pans really well.

Now, I think the hardest part of making this cake is deciding whether or not to frost it :)


Doesn't that look amazing?

It is.

Make yourself one and you will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment