Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scream Cheese Brownies

Hey Everyone!  This is a special guest post from The Good Girl over at GoodGirlsInc!  I'm so excited that she decided to share this sweet treat with us.  Be sure to check out her clever blog ASAP! 

So I decided to try this whole create-something-you-saw-on-Pinterest thing. I am not very crafty but I do like to eat. Especially chocolate. So I made some super cool Halloween brownies...because I saw it on Pinterset!


"Scream Cheese Brownies" - This pin originally came from Christy at The Girl Who Ate Everything.

We love sweets in my house. Probably more than we should. But it's Halloween, and everyone's allowed a little extra chocolate, right? So when I was looking around for some Halloween treats to make on Pinterest and saw these brownies, I just had to make them.

This recipe calls for a box of brownie mix, and I decided to use the Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti kind, which is basically regular brownies but with little black, orange and white candy sprinkles on top. It just seemed extra festive! Here's what I started with:


First I mixed the cream cheese filling. Now I will be honest here; when I heard the words "cream cheese" and "brownies" I was a little skeptical. That doesn't sound like the best combination. But I was willing to give it a shot. If it's got chocolate in it then it has to be good. So I got the filling ready to mix:


I used my nifty hand mixer my mother-in-law gave me (I guess she knew that would come in handy at some point) and got it to a smooth consistency like so (it looked pink to me when it was supposed to be orange so I was starting to get a little concerned):


Next I mixed the brownie mix according to the box instructions and filled a greased baking pan with 3/4 of the brownie mixture:


Now it's time to spoon the "orange" filling mixture into the brownie mix. Then put the remaining brownie mix on top and use a knife to pull the filling through the batter to create a marbling effect:


This is the point where I add my Funfetti sprinkles to the top of the brownies (note: the original Pin for Scream Cheese Brownies didn't have this). Then I pop them in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees:


And now I wait. And smell the yummy goodness of brownies coming from my oven. But I've got a sink full of dirty dishes to do and that will help pass some of the time.



You know what else helps pass the time? Starship, lots of wine and some of my favorite websites (Because I Saw It On Pinterest and Good Girls Inc, of course!):


They're finally done! Take a look at how they turned out:



They need to cool completely at room temperature for about an hour and a half, then have to be refrigerated for at least an hour. Then they're ready to be cut and eaten!



Overall I give the Scream Cheese Brownies an A because they taste really good, are pretty easy to make, and are a festive holiday treat!

Happy Halloween!

-The Good Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment